Avenue de Beaulieu 25
The workshop has been postponed. More details will follow. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay tuned.
This is an exciting moment for the European Research and Innovation community. The European Commission is working towards the bootstrapping of the next Multi Annual Financial Framework (2021-2027) that will be grounded on the upcoming Horizon Europe research and innovation programme, on the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF2) Digital programme and on the Digital Europe programme meant to support the deployment of digital services in Europe.
Within this context, the European Cloud community is growing and playing a key role in the creation of the Digital Single Market. Still its fragmentation needs to be reduced and support must be ensured to medium to small size businesses that are struggling to adopt cloud services to innovate their business due to the lack of “cloud-culture” and trust toward cloud services. Therefore, especially in the transition phase towards the next MFF, it is crucial to identify, address and prioritise challenges and opportunities for all European cloud stakeholders.
The 1st Horizon Cloud Workshop that will take place on the 1st April 2020 in Brussels hosted by the European Commission aims to gather prominent actors that through their work and active engagement in various research, innovation and policy areas are indeed paving the way to design, build and evolve next generation of cloud computing.
The workshop will bring together representatives of the European Commission, top cloud computing experts and the wider community of active stakeholders in Europe and beyond to liaise, exchange knowledge and discuss the challenges and priorities that future EC work programmes should tackle.
MORNING SESSION (10h-12:30h)
- Welcome, agenda and practicalities ~10 minutes (EC + H-CLOUD representatives on stage)
- The European Cloud Computing Vision and Plans ~20 minutes (EC representative, TBC)
- Horizon Cloud – The open community of European Cloud stakeholders ~10 minutes (Dr. Federico Facca, Martel Innovate)
- The Horizon Cloud Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda ~20 minutes (Dr Tiziana Ferrari, EGI)
- The evolution of cloud computing – main directions ~60 minutes
- Keynotes speakers (4 top experts, TBC)
- Strengthening the European Cloud Computing efforts – Priorities and opportunities moderated by Dr. Monique Calisti
- Expert panel gathering all keynotes speakers and EC representative on stage
- Interactive Q&A session ~30 minutes
AFTERNOON SESSION (13:30h-17:00h)
- Parallel sessions break-down ~ 2 hours 1/2
- The cloud market in Europe, multi-cloud strategies and customer adoption (unlimited access/open to all)
- From cloud to edge: challenges and opportunities (limited size/upon invitation)
- Challenges and opportunities for creating a European cloud federation (limited size/upon invitation)
- Green cloud computing: challenges and opportunities for EU sustainability (limited size/upon invitation)
- Cloud computing upskilling: challenges and opportunities for a Digital Europe (limited size/upon invitation)
- 16:00h – 16:45h Coffee break
- Plenary discussion moderated by Dr Tiziana Ferrari ~45 minutes
- Distilling main outcomes of parallel sessions (parallel sessions moderators on stage)
- Wrap-up and next steps
- How to join the H-CLOUD Forum and next appointments (EC + H-CLOUD representative on stage) ~15 minutes
The detailed programme will be available soon. Subscribe to our newsletter to stay tuned !
Registration to the workshop is free, but mandatory.