The Research Data Alliance (RDA), as part of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) Future project, has launched its first call for proposals to improve the technical data frameworks for the EOSC. These proposals should focus on maintaining, optimising and documenting existing frameworks in keeping with RDA’s outputs and recommendations.
Applicants can submit their proposal until 29 October 2021, 16.00 CEST via the EOSC Future Grants Platform.
The RDA Open Calls look to engage the scientific community to improve and document existing frameworks while leveraging existing RDA recommendations for:
- data management
- data collection
- data encryption
- identify, store, and preserve
- disseminate, link, and find
- policy, legal compliance, and capacity
This Open Call specifically targets small projects to show implementation and uptake of RDA recommendations. It aims to support and encourage applicants that adopt existing recommendations and outputs to promote examples and lessons learnt within the broader EOSC community. Applicants should consider implementation scenarios and documentation needs to answer questions like:
- Is the guidance up to date and ready to operationalise?
- What communities can be involved to update it?
- Are they aligned to new emerging standards, global or European?