Horizon Cloud Summit 2021 & Cloud Expo Europe are moving online!
Europe is looking towards a green digital transformation to shape its future. Cloud technologies will be key enablers towards this transition that will unleash the potential of the European data economy and ensure its industrial competitiveness while making them sustainable. To grow its impact and effectively shape Europe’s digital future, the European Cloud Computing community needs to overcome fragmentation of efforts, ensure proper know-how and tech transfer from research to industry, create the most favourable policy and regulations conditions and raise investments, both on the private and public sides.
The Horizon Cloud Summit 2021 – at its second edition – aims at gathering innovators and researchers, Cloud adopters, policy makers, as well as Cloud initiatives, and open source projects to shape the EU digital transition.
The main objectives are to:
- Discuss priorities for Europe at different levels and for different actors, supporting the consolidation of a Strategic Agenda for Research, Innovation and Deployment of Cloud Computing in Europe as a crucial step to guide future public and private investments, by identifying future challenges to be covered in Horizon Europe, Digital Europe, and other EU programmes.
- Explore the last evolution of Cloud Computing in Europe, giving spaces to cutting edge research outcomes, innovative open solutions, and emerging use cases.
- Discuss latest developments in the EU policy landscape, influencing the Cloud market, and how the Cloud stakeholders plan to support Digital Decade ambition toward green digital transformation, i.e. achieving “10,000 climate neutral highly secure edge nodes”.
- Explore the role of open source strategies, standards and business models in shaping EU digital autonomy.
- Increase collaboration among Cloud stakeholders and foster the creation of synergies across the European Cloud Computing ecosystem, that will ensure its growth.
The Horizon Cloud Summit 2021 will be an opportunity to:
- Contribute to the shaping of priorities for Cloud computing in European programmes.
- Follow inspiring talks and meet Cloud Computing experts and prominent representatives from inside and outside the European Cloud Computing community.