RAINBOW recently reached a significant milestone by delivering the first version of its integrated fog computing platform.
RAINBOW’s first release abstracts and seamlessly handles:
- The deployment description of IoT services through the drag ‘n’ drop Service Graph Editor.
- The near-optimal placement of IoT services on provisioned fog resources through RAINBOW’s Kubernetes-compliant Smart Orchestrator.
- The network administration that supports encrypted IPv6 data dissemination and reactive routing based on the CJDNS protocol deployed on top of Kubernetes Calico.
- The establishment of trust and verifying security primitives across the device-fog-cloud stack through RAINBOW’s “zero-conf” bootstrapping protocols.
- Pushing “intelligence” to the network “edge” with in-place data management through RAINBOW’s self-adaptive monitoring, intelligent storage fabric extending across the network overlay and fog-aware streaming analytics engine built on top of Apache Storm.