The European Commission is currently looking for feedback and input from (Cloud) stakeholders to help shape the Digital Compass policy programme. Therefore, it has launched a new consultation on the 2030 Digital Compass, which is running from 22 June until 3 August 2021. You can reply to the survey here.
In particular, the Commission is interested to have Cloud stakeholders’ views on:
- How to achieve 10 000 climate-neutral highly secure edge nodes, with a node at least every 100km, in section IIb) Digital Infrastructures.
- How to achieve 75% Cloud uptake by EU businesses, in section IIc) digital transformation of businesses.
On 9 March 2021, the Commission published a Communication on the 2030 Digital Compass, where it stated a vision for the European way towards the Digital Decade, evolving around four cardinal points: skills, infrastructure, business and government. The Commission aims to enable the Digital Decade with a set of concrete tools that will be presented as part of the Digital Decade policy programme, including:
- targets and key milestones
- a robust joint governance structure including a traffic light monitoring system to identify successes and gaps
- multi-country projects combining investments from the EU, Member States and the private sector